Experienced Fiber/Fusion Splicer
Burlington, Ontario • Full-time
About the Job
Experienced Fiber/Fusion Splicer required for a full-time position as Fiber/Fusion Splicer with a rapidly growing company located in Burlington, ON. We do residential, commercial, and industrial communication cabling to upgrade the telecommunications infrastructure that will involve occasional travel to these locations.
Our company culture is built on fairness open communication, respect, cooperation, and trust between all levels of the company. We have competitive wages, offer benefits after 3 months, and provide extensive safety and on the job training.
Fiber/Fusion Splicer will work alone or within a team to install, terminate, splice, and test single and multi-mode fiber cabling in residential or commercial work sites.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (including but not limited to).
- Install and layout all types of fiber communication cabling with minimal supervision.
- Terminate, splice, and test fiber communication cabling.
- Troubleshoot issues with communication cabling.
- Good mechanical aptitude – working with hand tools and power equipment.
- Working with other team members to meet daily and weekly installation targets.
- Maintaining professional attitude and always represent our company well.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Must be experienced with the installation, splicing, and testing fiber cable.
- Hold a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to work 40 – 44 hours a week with occasional overtime including evening and weekend work.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Own CSA approved (6”) steel-toed work boots and hard hat.
- Acquire personal tools once on the job (a list will be provided).
- Hold a minimum of a G-license, insurable with a clean driving record.
- Able to work in various climates and conditions.
- Highly physical with the ability to lift tools and materials without restriction – occasionally 50 – 75 lbs.
- Able to work overhead – without restriction.
- Comfortable working at heights.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Bell fiber installations would be considered an asset.
- Always act in a safe, professional manner and follow company policies and procedures.
- Be able to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills.
- Work well in a team-based environment and meet commitments to assigned work.
- Be cooperative, flexible, reliable, and accountable.
- Honest, respectful, trustworthy, motivated, and proactive problem solver.
If you meet the above requirements, we would be delighted to meet with you to discuss our future together, please reply with resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest and submission.
About Ele-Com Electrical Services
Ele-Com Electrical Services Inc. is a licenced electrical contractor in Burlington Ontario. Founded in 2010, Ele-Com is staffed with a team of highly skilled, experienced professional electricians. We provide electrical services to residential, commercial and industrial sectors. A large portion of our business is installing conduit and communications cabling to upgrade communications infrastructure across Ontario.