Experienced Site Lead – Fiber Telecommunications Installer
Burlington, Ontario • Full-time
About the Job
Experienced Site Lead – Fiber Telecommunications Installer required for a full-time position with a rapidly growing company located in Burlington, ON. We do residential, commercial and industrial electrical services and telecommunication cabling to upgrade the telecommunications infrastructure across Ontario which does involve travel to these locations.
Our company culture is built on fairness open communication, respect, cooperation and trust between all levels of the company. We have competitive wages, offer benefits after 3 months and provide extensive safety and on the job training.
An Experienced Site Lead – Fiber Telecommunications Installer will work with and lead a team to install communication fiber and conduit in residential or commercial work sites.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (including but not limited to)
- Route fiber communication cable with minimal supervision
- Good mechanical aptitude – working with hand tools and power equipment
- Lead and work with other team members to meet daily and weekly installation targets
- Troubleshoot installations and site issues
- Oversee site operations – set clear goals, delegate tasks, meet deadlines, monitor quality and performance
- Maintaining professional attitude and always represent our company well
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Previous in home-FTTS fiber telecommunications installation experience required
- Must possess excellent communication, organization, decision making and time management skills
- Fiber splicing experience would be considered an asset
- Invisilight installation experience would be considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with leadership and installation experience
- Hold a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Be able to work full time hours (40-44 hours a week) and overtime if required
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Own CSA approved (6”) steel toed work boots, hard hat and cellular phone to start
- Acquire personal tools once on the job (a list will be provided)
- Reliable transportation and hold a minimum of a G-license, insurable with a clean driving record
- Able to work in various climates and conditions
- Highly physical with the ability to lift tools and materials without restriction – occasionally 50 – 75 lbs
- Able to work overhead – without restriction
- Comfortable working at heights
- Always act in a safe, professional manner and follow company policies and procedures
- Be able to work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong time management skills
- Work well in a team-based environment and meet commitments to assigned work
- Be cooperative, flexible, reliable and accountable
- Honest, respectful, trustworthy, motivated and a proactive problem solver
If you meet the above requirements, we would be delighted to meet with you to discuss our future together, please reply with resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest and submission.
About Ele-Com Electrical Services
Ele-Com Electrical Services Inc. is a licenced electrical contractor in Burlington Ontario. Founded in 2010, Ele-Com is staffed with a team of highly skilled, experienced professional electricians. We provide electrical services to residential, commercial and industrial sectors. A large portion of our business is installing conduit and communications cabling to upgrade communications infrastructure across Ontario.